Groundhogg seeks to provide a friendly, safe environment in which all participants can engage in productive dialogue, sharing, and learning with each other in an atmosphere of mutual respect. We are committed to providing a harassment-free environment for all, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices.
To promote such an environment, we require all participants to adhere to the following code of conduct. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for behavior within all Groundhogg interactions and events (whether online or in-person), what to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior, and how organizers will respond.
This code applies to all Groundhogg interactions and events (whether online or in-person).
- Treat other participants with respect
- Critical dialogue is useful, but should be constructive and collaborative
- Be aware of what is happening around you, and if you see anyone in distress, or witness unacceptable behavior, please contact the Groundhogg leadership (see below for how to do so).
- Groundhogg does not tolerate disparaging, intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory or demeaning conduct by any participants in associated communites and events.
- Examples of unacceptable behavior include but are not limited to:
- offensive verbal comments related to gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, religion (or lack thereof), or technology choices
- inappropriate use of nudity and/or sexual images, activities, or other sexual material
- sexualized clothing/uniforms/costumes, or otherwise creating a sexualized environment
- deliberate intimidation, stalking or following
- harassing photography or recording
- sustained disruption of talks, meetings, or other events
- inappropriate physical contact
- unwelcome sexual attention
- advocating for, or encouraging, any of the above behavior
- To clarify, critical examination of beliefs and viewpoints does not, by itself, constitute hostile conduct or harassment. Similarly, use of sexual imagery or language in the context of a professional discussion might not constitute hostile conduct or harassment.
What to do if you witness or are subject to unacceptable behavior
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to describe the occurrence and its participants.
Consequences of unacceptable behavior
Those found to be engaging in unacceptable behavior will be asked to stop immediately, and are expected to comply. Depending on the severity of the behavior, the need to protect participants’ safety, and prevent business interference, those who violate this policy may be expelled from all Groundhogg communities. This includes but is not limited to the following online properties:
- Groundhogg Website and any associated services including but not limited to…
- Groundhogg Partner Program
- Groundhogg Affiliate Program
- Groundhogg support channels
- Groundhogg Facebook User Group
- Groundhogg Twitter
- Groundhogg Instagram
- Groundhogg Linkedin Account
Attribution and license
This Code of Conduct was inspired by several others, including: