Who we are
Corporation: Groundhogg Inc.
Operating Name: Groundhogg™
Our website address is: https://groundhogg.io.
We are located at 25 Lesmill Rd. Unit D, Toronto ON, Canada, M3B 2T3.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect basic information such as name & email for the purpose of sending you transactional and marketing information about our WordPress plugins.
If you have an account with us we will also collect your username & password, relevant billing information, credit card information and your website address for the purposes of completing paid transactions and provided API services.
We may also use this information for advertising purposes, but we will never sell it or share it with anyone except for extraordinary circumstances.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We use contact forms to collect information about you. Submitting one of these forms will most likely result in your receiving an email from us. All web forms are secure and store all information on Groundhogg.io. No information is stored anywhere else.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store. This information may include, but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us
- Send you important account/order/service
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally we may also collect the following information:
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account, if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We us Clicky.com for analytics. All data collected by Clicky is anonymous except if you are logged in in which case Clicky will collect only your username.
Who we share your data with
We share your data with Facebook for the purposes of paid advertising.
If you use our Groundhogg.mail service, your information will also be shared with Amazon Web Services.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
Your contact information
Address: 25 Lesmill Rd. Unit D, Toronto ON, Canada, M3B 2T3
How we protect your data
Your data is secured on our site by SSL and several security programs such as Sucuri.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If we experience a data breach you will be informed within 24 hours of the end of our investigation.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Any actions you take (form fills, page visits, email opens, link clicks) on our site or related assets will accumulated in your contact record. The more actions you take, the more likely you are to be someone interested in our service.
The more “interested” you are, the more frequently you will receive communication from us until you purchase our products or unsubscribe from communication.
Anonymous Plugin Usage Tracking
If you optin to our optional anonymous usage tracking system the following information will be collected from your site.
- Your site key, this is an anonymous key used to identify your site in our system, but can never trace back to you.
- Emails Sent, the number of emails you’ve sent using Groundhogg. This will not include emails sent via other means. No information about who those emails are sent to or what those emails contain is collected.
- Emails Opened, the number of emails which have been opened. Again, no information about who or what is being opened is collected.
- Emails Clicked, the number of emails which have been clicked. Again, no information about who or what is being clicked is collected.
- Funnels Built, the number of funnels currently active in your installation. The contents of the funnels are not collected under any circumstances.
- Emails Written, the number of emails written to date, the contents of those emails are not collected.
- Number of Contacts, we also collect the number of contacts the site has. No information about your contacts are collected or stored anywhere except your own site.
Opting into this service generally warrants a reward which is always subject to change without prior notice. In the event an award for participation is granted, the site (which remains anonymous) is associated with a contact profile which we either:
- Already have on file from a previous engagement, product purchase, or activation of the anonymous usage tracking service for an alternate site using your currently logged in email.
- Create a new profile for you using your display name and currently logged in email.
We use this information to learn about our users so we can provide an improved user experience and better products all around. If you optin to this service you can always opt out by disabling tracking from the settings area of Groundhogg.
If you wish to have any information regarding a site you may have registered in the past removed, provide your user email address and site key (located in the settings area) for the site you wish to have deleted. This will not in any way affect your usage of the plugin moving forward.