Who we are
Corporation: Groundhogg Inc.
Operating Name: Groundhogg™
Our website address is: https://groundhogg.io.
We are located at 25 Lesmill Rd. Unit D, Toronto ON, Canada, M3B 2T3.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We collect basic information such as name & email for the purpose of sending you transactional and marketing information about our WordPress plugins.
If you have an account with us we will also collect your username & password, relevant billing information, credit card information and your website address for the purposes of completing paid transactions and provided API services.
We may also use this information for advertising purposes, but we will never sell it or share it with anyone except for extraordinary circumstances.
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
Code of Conduct
For complete documentation governing all of our Groundhogg online properties and communities please visit our Code of Conduct web page.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
We use contact forms to collect information about you. Submitting one of these forms will most likely result in your receiving an email from us. All web forms are secure and store all information on Groundhogg.io. No information is stored anywhere else.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
We collect information about you during the checkout process in our store. This information may include but is not limited to, your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and any other details that might be requested from you for the purpose of processing your orders.
Handling this data also allows us
- Send you important account/order/service
- Respond to your queries, refund requests, or
- Process payments and to prevent fraudulent transactions. We do this on the basis of our legitimate business
- Set up and administer your account, provide technical and/or customer support, and to verify your identity.
Additionally, we may also collect the following information:
- Location and traffic data (including IP address and browser type) if you place an order, or if we need to estimate taxes and shipping costs based on your location.
- Product pages visited and content viewed while your session is active.
- Your comments and product reviews if you choose to leave them on our website.
- Account email/password to allow you to access your account if you have one.
- If you choose to create an account with us, your name, address, and email address, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We use Clicky.com and Google Analytics for analytics. All data collected by Clicky and Google is anonymous except if you are logged in, in which case Clicky will collect only your username.
Who we share your data with
We share your data with Facebook for the purposes of paid advertising.
If you use our Groundhogg.mail service, your information will also be shared with Amazon Web Services.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where we send your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
In some cases, we may send you data to a third party service for the purpose of communication, for example, the automated booking of a meeting. In rare cases your information may be used for the purposes of advertising our products.
We do not sell any customer information.
Our third party data partners include.
- Clicky Analytics: https://clicky.com/terms/privacy
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Zoom: https://zoom.us/privacy
- Calendly: https://calendly.com/pages/privacy
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy
Data retention in regards to third-party apps
In the event, you connect a third-party app to any of our self-hosted products or services we do not retain any of your personal information, or the personal information of your clients and customers, on our own servers.
Any data transmitted in between our self-hosted plugins/apps/services and the third-party is a direct communication and no personally identifiable information will be stored on any Groundhogg Inc. properties.
Third-party integrations currently supported include:
- Google Calendar
Our contact information
Phone: +1 (416) 444-3396
Address: 25 Lesmill Rd. Unit D, Toronto ON, Canada, M3B 2T3
How we protect your data
Your data is secured on our site by SSL and several security programs such as Sucuri.
What data breach procedures we have in place
If we experience a data breach you will be informed within 24 hours of the end of our investigation.
What automated decision making and/or profiling we do with user data
Any actions you take (form fills, page visits, email opens, link clicks) on our site or related assets will accumulate in your contact record. The more actions you take, the more likely you are to be someone interested in our service.
The more “interested” you are, the more frequently you will receive communication from us until you purchase our products or unsubscribe from communication.
Anonymous Plugin Usage Tracking
Enabling usage tracking will send non-sensitive usage data to Groundhogg Inc. about how Gorundhogg is being used.
This data is extremely valuable for us so we can determine trends and potential issues. It gives us the real data we need to make informed decisions about both the present and future of Groundhogg.
How am I opted-in?
You are opted-in in one of two ways.
- Manually opting in can be done during the initial guided setup process, or by enabling the usage tracking directly withing the Groundhogg Settings Area.
- Installing any premium extensions will also result in usage tracking being enabled.
In either situation, you will still be able to opt-out at any time.
The only sensitive data we collect is the admin email address. We do not collect or store any personally identifiable information regarding your contacts, content, or other business-critical information. We collect your email address so that we can contact you in the event of an important update or vulnerability regarding our plugins.
We also add your email address to our mailing list. If you do not wish to be on the mailing list you may unsubscribe at any time.
How to Opt-Out
If you do not wish to participate in this program, you can opt-out at any time. Go to Groundhogg > Settings > Misc and deselect the option “Optin to anonymous usage tracking.“
What Information is tracked?
- WordPress admin email address.
- Your site key: this is an anonymous key used to identify your site in our system.
- Total Number of Emails Sent: the number of emails you’ve sent using Groundhogg. This will not include emails sent via other means. No information about who those emails are sent to or what those emails contain is collected.
- Total Number of Emails Opened: the number of emails that have been opened. Again, no information about who or what is being opened is collected.
- Total Number of Emails Clicked: the number of emails that have been clicked. Again, no information about who or what is being clicked is collected.
- Total Number of Funnels: the number of funnels currently active in your installation. The contents of the funnels are not collected under any circumstances.
- Total Number of Emails: the number of emails written to date, the contents of those emails are not collected.
- Total Number of Contacts: we also collect the number of contacts the site has. No information about your contacts is collected or stored anywhere except your own site.
- WordPress version number
- PHP version number
- Site language
- Which Groundhogg extensions you have installed.
We gather all this data in order to make Groundhogg better. If we can see how Groundhogg is being used, we can build more powerful and flexible features, write better documentation, and do things we haven’t even considered yet.
Get a Reward!
Opting into this service generally warrants a reward that is always subject to change without prior notice. In the event an award for participation is granted, the site (which remains anonymous) is associated with a contact profile which we either:
- Already have on file from a previous engagement, product purchase, or activation of the anonymous usage tracking service for an alternate site using your currently logged in email.
- Create a new profile for you using your display name and currently logged in email.
We will only send one reward per email address. Meaning if you use the same email address on another site, you will not receive the reward a second time.
Localhost installations are excluded from any rewards program.
Thanks for participating!